The Department of Planning and Community Development works to facilitate services, activities and projects related to enhancing the physical, social and economic life of the City of Mount Vernon. These activities are conducted through the Department’s administration of the city’s Urban Renewal Agency, Industrial Development Agency, and various federal, state and locally funded community development initiatives. Collectively, staff members work towards executing a physical and social development vision for the City of Mount Vernon as shaped by its residents, business operators, workforce, and visitors.
- Developing and maintaining a Comprehensive Land Use Plan for Mount Vernon to coordinate long-range planning for the City;
- Administering the city’s Planning Board, Zoning Board of Appeals, Architectural Review Board and Sign Appeals Board;
- Initiating specific development projects to address particular economic and housing needs;
- Procuring grant funding to support department and citywide governmental initiatives;
- Administration of the city’s Geographic Information Systems (GIS) program;
|Documents & Forms|
|Geographic Information Systems|
|Industrial Development Agency|
|Land Use Boards|
|Urban Renewal Agency|
DOCUMENTS & FORMS
Planning Board Forms and Procedures
Planning Board Rules of Procedure
Planning Board Application
Planning Board Submission Instructions
Planning Board Application Material Checklist & Submission Review
Planning Board Affidavit of Sign Posting
Planning Board Notice of Public Hearing Form
Planning Board Consent Objection Form
Planning Board State Environmental Quality Review – Short Assessment Form
Planning Board Journal News Advertising Affidavit
Planning Board Site Plan Technical Checklist
Zoning Board of Appeals Forms and Procedures
Zoning Board Rules of Procedure
Zoning Board Application
Zoning Board Submission Process & Instructions
Zoning Board Materials & Applications Checklist
Zoning Board Affidavit of Sign Posting
Zoning Board Notice of Public Hearing Form
Zoning Board Consent Objection Form
Zoning Board State Environmental Quality Review – Short Assessment Form
Zoning Board Journal News Advertising Affidavit
Zoning Board Proposed Building Envelope
Zoning Board Table Form
Draft Parcel Based Zoning Map
Architectural Review Board Forms and Procedures
Architectural Rules of Procedure
Architectural Review Board Application
Architectural Review Board Submission Process and Instructions
Architectural Review Board Application Materials Checklist & Submission Review
Architectural Review Board Affidavit of Sign Positing
Architectural Review Board Minor & Major Application Tables
Sign Appeals Board Forms and Procedures
Sign Board of Appeals Application
2018 Annual Fiscal Action Plan
- What Properties are Eligible?
Any legally conforming building located within the City of Mount Vernon Community Development (CD) target area that contains five (5) dwelling units or more may be eligible for financial assistance. Properties located outside the CD target area may also be deemed eligible if primarily occupied by low and/or moderate income families. In general, priority shall be made available to owners of buildings that contain ten (10) or more dwelling units.
- What are the Loan Terms and Limitation?
In general, the program offers two types of loads that provides property owners with financing of home improvement costs.
- Direct loans – repayable in monthly installments. Minimum $3,000 to $25,000, determined by property size, condition and circumstances of the proposed home improvements.
- Deferred loans – generally made to Senior Citizens/Owner Occupants or other low income homeowners that are repayable upon sale or transfer of property. Maximum of $4,500 per dwelling unit. However, the Agency may approve a loan above the normal limits in exceptional cases.
- What Types of Improvements are Eligible?
Priority is given to property conditions that may represent a certified health or safety hazard to the building, its occupants and/or to the general public. Other improvements shall be considered in order of importance with priority given to the overall building improvement, such as roofing, brick pointing, window repair or replacement, elevator safety, heating, electrical, security and any other improvement that generally benefits the building. Individual unit improvements are also eligible and may include but are not limited to the elimination of incipient code violations. Improvements not permitted under this program shall include landscaping and other site improvements that do not directly benefit the health, safety and welfare of building residents or the general public.
- How Can I Receive an Application?
To obtain an application please send email or send a letter to the Department of Planning and Community Development, City Hall, Roosevelt Square, Mount Vernon, New York 10550, Attention Director of Housing Programs, With your Name, Address, Phone Number and Email Address.
- What is the Planning Board Site Plan Review Technical Checklist?
- What is the Planning Board Wireless Telecommunications Checklist?
- What is the Planning Board Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) Checklist?