The Department of Human Resources is dedicated to Providing Services for all City Employees. The Human Resources Department in collaboration with the Civil Service Commission strives to provide assistance and information to all City employees as well as City of Mount Vernon, NY residents.
- The Department is responsible for directing the administration of sound policies, programs and professional practices of human resources administration, consistent with the provisions of the City of Mount Vernon Charter.
- The Department is responsible for the recommendation, development and implementation of comprehensive policies and procedures consistent with professional standards, labor agreements as well as applicable Federal, State and Local laws.
- Develop and recommend overall human resources management strategies
- Participate in the labor relations program for the City including contract negotiations and administration with all recognized bargaining units pertaining to all terms and conditions of employment consistent with provisions of the Taylor law of New York State.
- Training and development including but not limited to the City‘s Anti- Harassment workshops. Direct the conduct of all investigations concerning harassment.
- Interprets the laws and rules and City personnel and human resources policies to department heads and appropriate local officials. Provides advice and assistance in reviewing and resolving employee grievances, as well as solutions to personnel problems.
- Facilitate the Employee Assistance Programs.
- Offer support and information concerning the various additional employee benefits.
The Human Resources department provides consulting and support services to the Mayor for the recruitment of Management staff; as well as to City Departments to assist in managing their staff to meet the goals and objectives.
The City of Mount Vernon is an equal opportunity employer. Employment discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status is prohibited.
|HR Policies & Benefits|
See the Job Postings page for more information.