Welcome to the Passport Division of the Office of the City Clerk. The Department of State's timeline for passport applications is 10-13 weeks for processing, while expedited ($60 additional cost) processing is currently between 7-9 weeks.
Our Passport office hours are Monday - Thursday by appointment only. Please call (914) 665-2348 to schedule an appointment or for any questions you may have. Please be on time for your appointment. A 20 minute grace period will be extended, after that your appointment will be cancelled and have to be rescheduled.
Please Click Here for a full list of forms from travel.state.gov. All forms are fillable and can be printed out. You may also drop by our office to pick up blank forms. All forms must be completed when you arrive for your appointment.
How to Apply
1. Fill out DS-11 form and bring completed form with you to your appointment.
2. Provide Proof of U.S. Citizenship. Only certified copies with raised seals accepted. Also bring a photocopy of it.
3. Present Government Issued Identification.
4. Bring a front and back color photocopy of your Identification.
5. If your name is different on your ID than what is on your birth certificate, please bring a certified copy of proof of name
change e.g., marriage license.
6.If there are any special circumstances, bring all proper completed forms and requirements with you.
7. Provide two (2) 2x2 Passport Photo taken within the last 6 months. Please Inquire about our in-house photo services.
8. Calculate fees: 2023 Fee Schedule
- Application fees are paid by check or money order, to "Department of State".
- Execution fees are paid directly to Mount Vernon, by cash, money order ("City of Mount Vernon"), Visa, or MasterCard. No personal checks accepted.
9. Submit your completed application and payment to our agents. Call 914-665-2348 to schedule an appointment.
10. For Renewals, please click here.
Important Information to Keep in Mind
- Be sure to bring original birth documents with raised seals that list the parent(s) full name to avoid having to make a second trip.
- All forms must be completely filled out before you come in for your appointment.
- If you are applying for a child, be sure you are familiar with all of the special requirements from travel.state.gov.
- The application fee and the execution fee are paid separately. Please arrive with the mandatory checks/money orders required by the Department of State.
- All Application fees are paid directly to the "Department of State" by check or money order.
- All Execution/Acceptance fees are paid directly to our acceptance facility by money order payable to "City of Mount Vernon", cash, Visa or MasterCard only. No Personal Checks Accepted.
- Apply for a Passport
In order to apply for a U.S. Passport you must fill out an application, provide proof of U.S. citizenship, proof of identity, one passport photo which can be taken in our office by paying the applicable fees.
- Renew your Passport
The U.S. Department of State now REQUIRES that most applicants renewing their passports do so by mail. Please Click Here for more information from travel.state.gov. This site has fillable and printable forms for use, or you may contact our office to pick up available forms.
- Passports for Minors
All minors, including newborn infants, must have their own passport. In addition to complying with the general requirements for applying for a passport, minors applying for a passport must comply with additional requirements (see special requirements link above).
- Expedited Passports
The Department of State processes all applications and they generally take up to thirteen weeks or longer to be completed. If you need your passport sooner, you may request expedited processing of your passport application, for an additional $60 cost and $19.53 for 1-2 Day Delivery. These costs should be paid by money order or personal check, payable to "Department of State".
- If you need your passport in less time, you will need to make an appointment to take your paperwork directly to a Passport Agency. Please visit the U.S. Department of State website for more details if you need to make an appointment to get your passport in fewer than three weeks.
- Lost or Stolen Passports
If your passport has been lost or stolen, there are two steps required to get a new passport. First, you must report your valid passport lost or stolen immediately. The second step is to replace your passport. Please Click Here to visit travel.state.gov for details and instructions.
- Passport FAQs - (Please click on the link below)
Frequently Asked Questions
Checking on Passport Application Status
If you have already applied for a passport and need to find out the status, please call the Toll-Free Passport Hotline at 1-877-487-2778 or visit the Department of State's Online Passport Status System.
Please click below for an informational video - "Applying in Person for a U.S. Passport - 2022"