The Planning Board has specific duties as identified by New York State Law. The seven (7) member Planning Board is tasked with Site Plan Review, Subdivision Review as well as the review of Special Use Permits.
- Site Plan Review requires the Planning Board to examine proposed sites and proposed buildings in the context of how these items will relate and fit in the surrounding neighborhood.
- Subdivision Review requires the Planning Board to determine whether the creation of new buildable lots is warranted within the City of Mount Vernon.
- The review of Special Use Permits calls for the Planning Board to examine specific criteria for a particular use to occur on a site within the City of Mount Vernon.
Accordingly, the Planning Board has been making determinations concerning these types of applications since December 21, 1915 when the Planning Board was created by the City Council.
- Revised The Wartburg_Independent Living Resolution Extension_Final Signed 8-16-22
- 0 Millington St. _PB Subdivision Resolution_June 15, 2022_Signed
- 128 West Second Street_PB Resolution-June 15, 2022_Signed
- 19-21 Bertel Ave_PB Resolution_signed 1-12-22
- 1 Bradford Road_Signed.Resolution_Adopted 1.5.2022
- 1 Beechwood Ave_PB Resolution_Complete Approved
Planning Board Application/Forms
- Affidavit of Sign Posting
- Environmental Assessment Form_short
- Legal Ad Notice Form
- Planning Board Application
- Planning Board Application Materials Checklist and Submission Review
- Planning Board Notice of Public Hearing_Affidavit of Mailing
- Planning Board Submission Instructions 2016
- Site Plan Technical Checklist 5-9-11
- Storm Water Pollution Prevention Checklist
- Wireless Telecommunications Checklist and Application Submission Instructions