The City Council is pleased to announce the honorees of the 2018 Fall Honoring Ceremony which will be held during a regular City Council meeting on Wednesday, November 14, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. in the City Council Chambers. Twice each year, Council Members honor individuals and organizations who have made valuable contributions to the Mount Vernon community. Honorees are:
- Manuel Albuquerque, Founder of the New York Portuguese Civic Association;
- Roberta L. Apuzzo, Director of Community Service Associates;
- Mel Campos, Chief Professional Officer, Boys and Girls Club of Mount Vernon;
- Jennifer Lackard, President of Grace Baptist Church’s Station of Hope Prison Ministry;
- Miesha Stokely, Proprietor of Cupcak Cutie Boutique.
All are invited to join the City Council as they recognize these esteemed individuals.