You are invited to join the City Council as they honor individuals who have made a valuable impact on the Mount Vernon community. The honoring ceremony will be held during a regular City Council meeting on Thursday, November 12, 2015 at 7:00 p.m. in the City Council Chambers. Honorees are:
- Allen Ayers, Jr.- Founder of the Youth Community Outreach Program (Y-COP);
- Angela Freeman- Founder and Head of the Milestone School;
- Damia Harris Madden- Executive Director of the Mount Vernon Youth Bureau;
- Jeannie Richardson- Advocate for Homelessness Prevention;
- Firefighter Kevin E. Townes, Sr. (posthumously)
You don’t want to miss the honoring ceremony as you will be inspired by those who aim to make positive contributions to the City of Mount Vernon.