Please join the City Council as they recognize outstanding citizens and groups who have made notable contributions to the City of Mount Vernon. The ceremony will be held during a regular City Council meeting on Wednesday, April 8, 2015 at 7:00 p.m. in the City Council Chambers.
Twice each year, the City Council invites the public to join them as they honor remarkable individuals who serve our city with dedication and sacrifice. This year Council Members have chosen the following honorees:
- The first female and first African-American City Clerk of Mount Vernon, Nancy Fitch;
- Advocate for seniors, safety, and exemplary faith-based leadership, Edna Harris;
- Educator, author, conservationist, and founder of Parent Involvement Day, Henry A. May;
- All Mount Vernon School Safety Crossing Guards;
- Mount Vernon businesswoman, Belinda Lorrius
Mark your calendars so you don’t miss this awards ceremony, which is sure to be inspiring.