Mount Vernon Recreation Department is offering three different affordable camps this summer for youth aged 5 through 12. Each camp will provide young people lots of fun filled organized activities during the summer.
- Junior Summer Day Camp will be held at the Traphagen Elementary School, 72 Lexington Avenue and is specifically designed for boys and girls ages 5 through 7. Young campers will be offered activities more suited to their age. Camp runs July 8 through August 16
- Senior Summer Camp for boys and girls aged 7 to 12 years will be held at the Holmes Elementary School, 195 North Columbus Avenue. The camp offers a range of activities including swimming, field trips and more. Camp runs July 8 through August 16
- After-Camp Activities – July 8 – August 15 for ages 5 – 12 at the Doles Community Center, 250 South 6th Avenue from 3:30 pm – 6 pm. After camp activities include snacks and organized activity.
PRICING FOR JUNIOR, SENIOR CAMPS – $550 FOR 6 WEEK SESSION
PRICING FOR AFTER CAMP ACTIVITIES – $300 FOR 6 WEEK SESSION
- Rose Simon Day Camp offers children with dishabilles due to mental retardation, cerebral palsy, neurological impairment, epilepsy, and autism to engage in specialized summer programming. Registration includes free door to door transportation, breakfast and lunch. Camp runs July 8 through August 16. For detailed information call 914-665-2437
- Tennis Clinic offers instruction by resident tennis instructor, Lennox Dressik on courts at the Westchester Plaza Tennis Court, 40 East Sidney Avenue. Dressik, who has instructed the Department’s tennis programs for nearly 2 decades, is a member of the United States Tennis Association (USTA) and certified by the United States Professional Tennis Association (USPTA). He has additionally taught tennis at the renowned Joel Ross Junior Tennis Camp. Camp runs on Fridays from 5 pm – 8 pm for ages 7 – 17. This clinic runs from May 31 through July 12. Cost is $70 for this 6 week clinic.
- Basketball Clinic – July 8 through August 16 from 1 pm – 5pm at the Mount Vernon High School for ages 7 – 17. Weekly sessions cost $75 per week and the full 6 week clinic costs $425
- Soccer Clinic – July 8– August 15 for ages 8 – 12 at Hutchinson Field just off of East Sandford Boulevard. The Clinic runs in 3 sessions; Session #1: July 8-July 18; Session #2: July 22-August 1; and Session #3: August 5-August 15. Cost is $125 per session
- Track & Field Clinic – July 8 – August 15 for ages 7 – 12 at Mount Vernon High School. Clinic runs in 3 sessions; Session #1: July 8-July 18; Session #2: July 22-August 1; and Session #3: August 5-August 15. Cost is $120 per session
- Summer Parks Program – July 15 – August 9 – Open ages (Children under 7 years must be accompanied by an adult) in at 4 Park locations: Hartley Park, Fleetwood Playground, Purdy Park/9th Avenue and Old 7th Avenue playgrounds. Organized activates include sports, arts and crafts, board games, as well as free trips to Mount Vernon Ice Hutch and Batting Cages. There is no cost to participate in our parks programs.
Registration for summer activities is still open. Enrollment is on “first come, first served” basis. Applications are available in the Recreation Department at City Hall, One Roosevelt Square, Room #11 on the Ground Floor. Office hours are Monday through Friday; 8:30am – 4:30pm. All fees are due at time of registration by cash/personal check/money order
Complete our online fillable application: