Westchester County has opened a Recovery Center at the County Center in White Plains to assist residents obtain resources associated with Hurricane Sandy and the nor’easter. A number of agencies will be available to provide information on their services including Con Edison, FEMA, social service agencies serving individuals and small businesses and the Health Department.
Residents can apply for FEMA aid online but are encouraged to register in advance of showing up at the center. Those traveling to the County Center will be relieved to find the County has waived parking fees and should be prepared by having FEMA required documentation with them:
- Social Security number (including your spouse’s if applicable);
- Private insurance information, if available;
- Address and zip code of the damaged property;
- Directions to the damaged home or property;
- Daytime telephone number, and
- An address where you can receive mail
Call 1-800-621-3362 to register for FEMA aid or log on to www.disasterassistance.gov. Those with speech or hearing disabilities should use the TTY number at 800-462-7585.
The County Center is located at 198 Central Avenue in White Plains and will operate from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. seven days a week until further notice.