- Boards & Commissions
- Cable Television Advisory Committee
Cable Television Advisory Committee
- L. Geoff Munroe, Chair
- Kamaria Muir
- Rodney S. Capel (Spectrum)
- Tanya Davis (Verizon)
The Advisory Board consists of nine members, serving one and two year renewable terms, representing the Mount Vernon community. Four members are appointed by the City Council, two members are appointed by the Mayor, two members are appointed by the Mount Vernon Board of Education, and a representative from the cable franchise holds the remaining seat. Members serve without compensation. Elected officials are not members of the Board. (See §12 of the Municipal Code)
For more information please contact the Office of the City Clerk at 914-665-2348.
The Board is authorized and empowered to do the following:
- To seek the advice, representation and participation of all citizens, organizations and groups which comprise the Mount Vernon community, including representatives of all socioeconomic levels.
- To make special efforts to ensure that the telecommunications needs of group. Which heretofore have traditionally not had the opportunity to use such facilities, are considered, and to continually investigate various means of meeting such needs.
- To work in cooperation with the cable franchise holder in Mount Vernon to make a local access studio and equipment available to the public.
- To work with the cable franchise holder in Mount Vernon to seek out and encourage public access use by all citizens and groups in Mount Vernon.
- To make every effort to ensure that persons seeking to produce programming representing any and all points of view will be permitted to use the facilities and that such programming will be consistent with the Constitutional guaranties of speech and the laws of the United States and the State of New York.
- To take such steps and undertake such programs as will enhance and foster the aforementioned objectives and to ensure quality programming for this community.
Meetings occur on the First Thursday of each month, unless it is moved due to a holiday of scheduling conflict. Please check the City Calendar for meeting notices. (Click Here)