Urban Renewal Agency
|Reports & Forms|
|Agendas & Minutes|
The Urban Renewal Agency administers several federally funded programs for the City of Mount Vernon. Amongst the programs that the Urban Renewal Agency administers are the Community Development Block Grant program (CDBG), the Home Investment Partnership program (HOME), Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS program (HOPWA), and the Supportive Housing Program.
The Urban Renewal Agency also provides access for individuals, community organizations and other developers interested in redeveloping tax foreclosed, abandoned, and distressed properties acquired by the City.
Individuals or Organizations that are applying for the acquisition of property must demonstrate that they have the financial ability to complete the project.
It is the mission of the Agency to accomplish its goals of eliminating substandard and unsanitary conditions and areas, and revitalizing municipally designated distressed areas; promoting redevelopment of these areas with safe, sanitary and economically viable residential, non-residential, commercial; and industrial properties and uses; and enabling in these areas the redevelopment of, conservation, restoration or improvements of private and public facilities and infrastructure in a manner benefiting the citizens, residents, businesses, government and community objectives of the City of Mount Vernon, New York. All in accordance with the provisions pertaining to urban renewal agencies contained in the New York General Municipal Law.
- Department of Recreation: April 2017 SENIOR MONTHLY CALENDAR DATES, MENU, DAILY ACTIVITIES
- Department of Recreation: SPRING PROGRAMS and SUMMER CAMPS 2017
- Meeting Notice – URA Special Annual Meeting April, 6 2017 8:30AM
- Meeting Notice – URA Special Annual Meeting April, 6 2017 2:30PM
- REAL ESTATE COMMITTEE MEETING – Friday, March 31, 2017
- Department of Recreation: Casino Day Trip ~ MOHEGAN SUN
- Department of Recreation: Clinic ~ TENNIS FRIDAYS
- Department of Recreation: Clinic YOUTH ~ SOCCER
- Department of Recreation: After-School Programs ~ AFTER THE BELL
- Urban Renewal Agency Meeting Notice and Agenda