1st Deputy Commissioner
The Mount Vernon Department of Buildings is the watchdog of the city’s existing housing stock; monitoring new building conditions and new building construction activity as well as overseeing the maintenance of older multi-family structures.
|Documents, Forms & Fees|
|Pay Elevator Bills Online|
The functions of the department are many and varied, from enforcement of state and local building codes, housing standards and ordinances, to the review of applications for permits of new buildings, repairs, alterations, signs, and rooming houses, in addition to electrical and plumbing work. Administrative and clerical duties cover the issuance of certificates of occupancy and certificates of compliance, vacant apartment inspections, collection of elevator fees, issuing reciprocal electrical licenses, as well as the responsibility of Architectural Review Board administration and conducting searches of department records as requested by the public.
The Mount Vernon Department of Buildings has a cohesive, committed, tolerant and professional workforce that resolves a host of problems associated with housing, maintaining construction standards and quality of life issues of citizens.
- Real Estate Committee Meeting — Friday, April 29, 2016
- Department of Recreation: Senior Luncheon MAYOR’S ADVISORY BOARD
- Department of Recreation: SENIOR PROGRAM … National Senior Health and Fitness 2016
- Department of Recreation: SENIOR PROGRAM … Fathers’ Day at Doles and Armory
- Department of Recreation: Senior Program … MOTHER’S DAY