1st Deputy Commissioner
The Mount Vernon Department of Buildings is the watchdog of the city’s existing housing stock; monitoring new building conditions and new building construction activity as well as overseeing the maintenance of older multi-family structures.
|Documents, Forms & Fees|
The functions of the department are many and varied, from enforcement of state and local building codes, housing standards and ordinances, to the review of applications for permits of new buildings, repairs, alterations, signs, and rooming houses, in addition to electrical and plumbing work. Administrative and clerical duties cover the issuance of certificates of occupancy and certificates of compliance, vacant apartment inspections, collection of elevator fees, issuing reciprocal electrical licenses, as well as the responsibility of Architectural Review Board administration and conducting searches of department records as requested by the public.
The Mount Vernon Department of Buildings has a cohesive, committed, tolerant and professional workforce that resolves a host of problems associated with housing, maintaining construction standards and quality of life issues of citizens.
- ALTERNATE SIDE OF THE STREET PARKING SUPSENDED FEBRUARY 6, 2014
- Fire Department Offering Safety Tips for the Holidays
- Legal Notice – Public Hearing and Public Comment on DGEIS for proposed RMF-SC Multi-Family Senior Citizen Housing Floating Overlay Zone
- DGEIS on Senior Floating Overlay Zone available for public review
- Hurricane Sandy Help Still Available – 1//9/2013